Friday 9 March 2018

Animals

On Monday we all walked to St Luke's school to see their animals. 'My favourite animal was the hedgehog.' Sam. 'The dog had a badge. She had the same pictures as my sister's dog.' Ola. 'We saw a lizard.' Joe. 'We could hold the animals.' Isaac. 'I liked the chameleon because there was lots of nice patterns and colours.'Nia. 'I liked it when the chameleon was green.' Sophia. 'I liked the bearded dragon because it had a beard.' Theo. 'I liked the bird when it balanced on my finger.' Jimmy.
When we got back to school we talked about camouflage. 'When army have suits on and it matches to the grass and that means camouflage.' Jude. Some children made some pictures of animals and made a pattern behind to camouflage it. 'I made a chameleon' Teddy.
We have been learning about subtraction this week. We practised by choosing two numbers and then choosing the biggest number. We then counted out the correct number of objects and took the smaller number away. We also used 10's frames to work out the answers.
We wore our Book Day hats to our celebration assembly in the afternoon, as we had a snow day last week and we weren't able to show them to the rest of the school.
Our home learning this week is to draw a picture and write about things that we do to keep healthy.

1 comment:

The Train Ride

The children have come back from the holidays eager to learn and to share what they did. We have read the story of 'The Train Ride'...